Make a Rustic USA Wood Sign Laser Project with Glowforge
This beautiful rustic USA wood sign is so quick and easy to make with your laser cutter, Glowforge or CNC machine.
Watch Me Make a Rustic USA Wood Sign Laser Project with Glowforge
This was a quick project to make. I used wood I had on hand!
You could even cut out the letters with your Cricut or Silhouette machine vinyl.
How My Rustic USA Wood Sign Laser Project Turned Out
For info on how I mask my wood, and more on magnets, check out my Lemon Banner tutorial.
- For this project I did stain my USA shape. Then, I had issues with my 1/4 Baltic Birch I had painted white. It didn’t cut all the way through. So I switched to DraftBoard Proof Grade material from Glowforge. After I peeled the masking I spray painted with white.
Products Used in Rustic USA Wood Sign Laser Project with Glowforge
- Rustic USA Sign in our shop
- Adobe Illustrator – You don’t need this, but if you want more control over your vector files I recommend it. Some people use other apps for vector use (Affinity is one some people like)
- Glowforge – I use the Pro model, for a discount, use this link to get up to $500 off your Glowforge when you purchase through it*
- 1/4″ Baltic Birch. I purchase mine from this guy. If they don’t have in stock shoot him a message and ask when. He’s so great at communicating!
- 1/4″ Proof Grade Draft Board from Glowforge
- TransferRite Ultra 582U Medium Tact (I didn’t show this in the video, watch our Lemon banner video to see how)
- Magnets* to hold the Birch flat down on the crumb tray
- Spray Paint Colors by Krylon ColorMaxx (primer + paint): Satin White
- Stain Color: Minwax Dark Walnut Stain*
- Stick Fast CA Thick*
- Denatured Alcohol for cleaning (I’m not sure you can buy this in California though so you are better off buying online). Mine is by Crown (and found at Home Depot in the cleaning section).
Links marked with an asterisk* are affiliate links. I get some sort of payment when you use them. Use them, or don’t. It’s up to you!
Show Me Yours!
I’d love to see your finished Rustic USA Sign. Tag me on Instagram @almonogram so I can see how you did yours! Be sure to visit the shop to see all of the lemon goodies we’re adding this month.